Extremely confused with this

Spent hours reading this flow chart trying to understand what is it asking me to do... I gave up. If you can guys can help me then i'd appreciate it, if not don't say that i'm lazy this and that. I spent countless hours on trying to figure this flow chart out and coding it but it's a dead end.

http://i59.tinypic.com/zswk13.jpg
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
Let's do it in short steps and keep it simple.

Which is the first part of the flowchart you don't understand? I accept that it probably comes a step or two after where it says 'Start'. :)
Yes, it asks for get integer N > 1 right. Then below F =2 it asks if N > 1 then program will end if not then it will proceed on. Is it asking me to ask user for N or wanting me to solve for N. Then near bottom N= N/F ???? I mean ... what is it asking me?
Last edited on
It is telling you to ask the user for N in the step "get integer". The parallelogram shapes seem to signify input or output to the user.
Next step is to set the variable F to 2.
Then there is a loop that stops only when N is not > 1. In other words the loop continues if N > 1. In c++ the while loop will do this perfectly.
Try to type just what I have said so far as code and I will continue helping with the rest.
Last edited on
@Kevinkjt oh ok thank you so i got this part right from the beginning. Then the bottom part, Does F divide N if no then increase F by 1? Then the other part if Yes then display F, and N=N/F. I understand the No part but about the Yes part, i couldn't really understand it, especially N=N/F.
N = N/F is saying to divide N by F and store the value of that result to N
@Kevinkjt thank you so much.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.