Learning both C# and C++?

Hi, i have some experience in C#, like basics and some advanced.
And i want to be a programmer, because i'm really into computers, and i really want to create applications, games, and all the other great things you can do with C# and C++.

I have made simple games using C# in Unity 3D, and some simple applications with C# using Visual Studio as the IDE and Compiler.

And i do have some knowledge in HTML and some of the other languages used for web development. I do know HTML is nowhere close to C# and C++, and that HTML is not a programming language, so it doesn't really make it any easier to learn C++.

But C# will probably help quite a bit, even though C++ is different at some places.

Anyway! So would it be efficient for me to learn both?
And i know, that i can't just go make something big at the very start :-)
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
Learn both if you have time. C# is not bad. If you can handle C++, C# is a breeze and it can be very efficient and useful.
Most professionals are proficient in several languages. C++ is great for some jobs, for others it just adds a lot of unnecessary complexity. Having more than just a hammer in your tool belt will only help you. That said, once you have C++ down, learning any other language (excepting assembly languages) will be a breeze. It's all just a matter of syntax and getting familiar with the libraries at that point.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.