Should I have a notebook for C++? -Advice wanted

I was wondering if I had to maintain a notebook for C++, like writing notes and tips etc. Do you think it's a good idea to do this? If so, please tell me how to :)

Thanks.

yes
Different people learn differently so if you think a notebook will help you, but all means, create one. Personally, I found very concise references helpful when learning new languages. This might have things like brief demonstrations of the syntax, common bits of the standard library etc.
Whenever I get a good idea, I email it to myself before I sleep.
Depends on what your learning style is. Some people learn better when they write them off, or listen to the discussion again and again, or read reference materials, etc.. If you have a working computer, you can keep a documentation(notes) of what you've learned and look at them everytime you forgot some(hopefully) things as you go on. If you really want to be better at any language, its always better to have your own dictionary, right? That's why it's also good to have a reference(esp. if you'll go offline) in your computer(e.g:http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/) to skim and scan advanced topics, useful commands and common libraries. Good luck on your journey. :)
Last edited on
Thanks for all the advice.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.