making the program user friendly

my problem is on how to make a GUI program using C++. and how to manipulate the graphics. I really need help please. thanks

What Compiler/Editor are you using?

MFC or CLR in Visual Studio can do the trick but it´s advanced.

I use dev and c-free
This is a broad topic. Anyway, if you are planning on cross platforming your program, go with gui libraries like qt, wxWidgets...etc and for windows specific windows.h. But if you are planning on making a game(I hope you didnt go too fast on that) go with SFML, SDL etc. Note that the current c++ standard libraries does not yet support/have GUI, but I hear they are planning to. Hope it helps. :)
I'm almost through learning some of the basics of C++ using an eBook "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days" and other textbooks. so, if I understood you well, I should learn one of the GUI if I wish to design a GUI program/application? is there any new thing I will have to learn before I can use them or they still make use of the standard c++ syntax? in other words, what do I really need to learn or do before I can design a GUI app. I really hope I'm not going too fast on this. thanks bro
It's actually okay and normal especially when you get too tired of the command line colors(which are usually blacks and whites) to want your hands get dirty with a simple GUI application. :) All you have to do is know the most basic syntax and parts of c++, like pointers, data types, classes, inheritance, and good when you know I/Os especially even just a little knowledge of the term "buffer".
After making sure about your foundations, make an insight on what you plan to achieve and choose a library. It doesnt matter whatever library you'll use really, because if you plan on jumping on another library, they'll just have a slight/bit difference with regards to how they manipulate pixels and manage stuffs because they are actually hidden with an abstraction layer for ease of use.
Good luck. :)
thanks, I think I will stick to your advice. even, I'm still having problems with pointers, it's kind of confusing. I know it's function, but I get kind of confuse when it's being use. what do you think I should do? thanks
Well, you can try reading other references(e.g http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/) to get the definition you really want to achieve to understand the topic. You'll build them up eventually if you start coding, looking at the codes before reading the explanation of the topic is also recommended. Anyway, if you want to start over a new topic, try adding new post for your new questions. :)
thanks, I will do just that.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.