Object oriented programming!

Ok ill start by saying im new jere, im 25y/o an i have been reading a few books and watching a few programming VTM's. Sadly i always seem to lose interest in the programs i write since there always in chalkboard black and white.

So i was wondering if there is anything i can look or read about for GUI programming (graphic user interface). Im not sure if this is what we call Object Oriented Programming!

Next question i have is do i need a very solid knowledge on c++ before getting in GUI. It would really help keep me motivated to be able to program a GUI.

Hope to get input from all the users here.
Thx for helping a newbie out.

Regards DNR
Firstly - Object Oriented Programming is not what you think it is. It is the concept of using classes and inheritance to structure your code.

As for programming with GUI - if that's what interests you, jump into it. Preferably you should have a good basic understanding of programming in C++ beforehand, but if you understand the basic syntax than often looking at examples, typing them out and fiddling around with them can be just as beneficial.

If you want to get into GUI, I'd recommend looking up the Qt framework - it is one of the more popular tools, and not as hard to use as some. It also has great flexibility, a bunch of tutorials and examples, and the IDE that it comes with provides things like a WYSIWYG editor for the windows and dialogs you create. Incidentally, its programming style is heavily based on Object Oriented Programming.

Have a look here: http://qt-project.org

If you need any help or advice, feel free to ask here and we will try to answer any questions you have.
Last edited on
Very good post thx for the reply and clearing up the object oriented programing.
I will definitly look into that QT. Thx
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.