Best way to learn C++

I'm a learning beginner that has a little C++ experience running math written C++ code that I have successfully written.....

I have two books by Tony Gladdis....Starting Out with C++ Early Objects and Starting Out with C++ From Control Structures through Objects. Both are the sixth edition which I got off Amazon for a song.

I'm hoping that someone with good experience can tell me which book I should really use for my studying....many thanks in advance. John
Why not both? I am always reading a book.
I'm looking for a track to "learn" on. I have several other C++ books for reference too, however I would like to settle in on just one learning format to use, then supplement the other books as needed......John
Well, my first book was C++ for dummies, but the style you write in really varies on who you are writing for. I had one guy who wanted every variable to start with an underscore, which was bloody weird for me, but meh. As for which is best, have you read through the cplusplus.com tutorials? They are actually really good.
Well, in my experience, C++ from control structures was the book that I used for my intro to c++ class and the book wasn't that bad(it offers decent examples that builds upon the previous examples and programming challenges with varying degree of difficulty).
No I have not read the tutorials as I have just discovered this website...but will do so immediately.....sounds like a great idea as I'm sure the folks that put it together did a very good job. thanks for the suggestion....John
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.