Help

Hello guys. For example you are opening some kind of program whit ShellExecute. How you should write the code that the compiler do some actions with opened program?
Thank you!
Hi, I can't understand the question... What exactly do you mean? What should your program do?
I want to do some program which you can control without doing it manualy.It should know all actions before. For example open folder and check properties of it.. hope you understand what I mean
@ OP: I'm about 90% sure that you're asking about Inter-Process Communication (IPC) which is neither a beginner topic, nor is it a one solution fits all answer. The most common methods are Remote Procedure Calls (RPC), Interface Description Languages (IDL's) and communicating through a socket or a named pipe. Sockets and named pipes are pretty flexible and straight forward in regards to how they function. They are basically avenues to send data back and fourth between the applications that are communicating with each other. RPC and IDL are a little more complex (but not impossibly complicated) since they actually involve the client calling functions that are part of the host\server application. The biggest difference is that with RPC or IDL the client usually has to be aware of the functions that it wants to call at compile time.

For example open folder and check properties of it

This is either a terrible analogy to what you are asking, or I am way off base with regards to what it is you want. If this is even close, then please feel free to ignore my rambling.

So, to answer your question, we would need to know what application specifically you are trying to accomplish what task with before we know if what you are trying to do is feasible.

It amazing how many applications go through the trouble of providing these conveniences compared to how few people actually take advantage of them. So don't immediately dismiss the idea because you don't think that your target provides a means to do this.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.