What is next to do after learn basic of C++?

First, I will say that I'm new in C++ and this forum too. What I mean by new is that I still can't create something useful with C++ even after I learn it by myself for about 3 months. I know it's not enough.

After learned the basics, i tried some advanced topics (in my point of view as a beginner) like: WinAPI, Qt, SDL and few other. I can follow through the tutorials about those topics just fine. My problem is, I still can't think in C++ point of view as whole. So, when I try to create something by myself I just can't. I don't know where to start. I don't know how to pull all things i've learned together.

For example, know I have an idea to create a simple terminal based text editor (I'm using linux). When I take my computer then I wondering, what should I do? Write a while loop that keep asking for input? Create a class to handle text stream? Do I have to put the process with separate function (if it just used once) or just write all inside main function?

Can someone explain how can I plan to create something in C++? For example, to create a simple text editor (terminal based not GUI), what steps or plans will you take to finish this task?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.