What I would like to know?

closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
Hi everyone, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only beginner that would like to know these following questions. What got you into programming or what motivated you? What does programming mean to you? What did you do to get a better understanding of programming? What did you do to solve problems, did you jump right in to code or did you analyze the problem? Did you ever struggle solving problems? If so, how did you overcome that?

Last edited on
If you guys could answer these questions that would be really helpful.
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/1953/
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/3305/

(Sorry about that second thread. Helios was having some fun jest and I was being totally humorless.)
What got you into programming or what motivated you?
I saw a post on the internet where you put some code in a file and save as .bat and send to a friend of social media to bug the guy. i wanted to learn how to write mine own bugs for my friends. Besides, during that time, my mum was a computer teacher and had just bought a desktop and installed Mavis Beacon teaches typing and Professor teaches blah blah.

What does programming mean to you?
FUN!

What did you do to get a better understanding of programming?
Make mistakes

What did you do to solve problems, did you jump right in to code or did you analyze the problem?
Jump to code most often at a childish level when you are eager to type and feel like a programmer. As you attain maturity, you learn the good virtue of analysis.

Did you ever struggle solving problems?
YES. who didn't?

If so, how did you overcome that?
More practice. The brain is like muscle. The more you stretch it, the stronger and more logical it becomes. The less you do, the weaker it gets.

@ Duoas ^ this help a little but it will be great if you could please respond to my questions. : )

I'm in college right now and I'll be transfering to a 4 year university next spring 2016. So I'm applying toward the computer science degree, and I really want some good advice based on the questions I asked. My professor at my college I go to now did not really teach anything at all. She was a horrible professor she did not know how to teach. We as the students had to teach the class we knew absoluletly nothing over the subject. She thought that was a better way for us to learn, I pass her class only bc her class was extremely easy. It's like she did not care for her students. I'm taking programming 2 in fall but it's only 8 weeks long, because it's a late start class. This professor I heard is extremely difficult, which I like because I need a challenge thrown at me in order for me to succeed at the 4 year University. Well I will only be at the university for two years because when I transfer I will be consider a junior. Anyways please answer my questions.
Last edited on
Thank you shadowCODE for sharing your experience! : )
I did answer your questions. You have to read for them.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.