Can't even begin coding...

Okay, I just started out attempting to learn C++ and cannot even use Code::blocks properly. I create a new console application, set the path etc and then once it is created there is no "Source" or "main.cpp", so I cannot even type anything, it's just a grey screen..

In code blocks it starts with a grey screen, but there should be a management panel, in it there should be workspace with branches that say your project name, and under it a blue folder that says "Sources", press the little plus button next to the folder to reveal your main.cpp file, then double click on it, it should then appear on the screen.

If you dont see the manager, go to View, and make sure Manager has a checkmark next to it, if not then click on it.
Last edited on
In code blocks it starts with a grey screen, but there should be a management panel, in it there should be workspace with branches that say your project name, and under it a blue folder that says "Sources", press the little plus button next to the folder to reveal your main.cpp file, then double click on it, it should then appear on the screen.

If you dont see the manager, go to View, and make sure Manager has a checkmark next to it, if not then click on it.

I just get this :/
http://gyazo.com/89caf5b2e848024681db84ebb29b3d32

Can't open that further or right click it or anything :/ Any suggestions? The actual destination where the file is created has main.cpp but it doesn't show here
Last edited on
You have to add the file to the project. I'd just suggest doing File > New > Empty File. You'll get a dialog box asking if you'd like to add the file to the project. Hit yes.

Edit: You're on the resources tab, move left to the "Project" tab, and you'll see your main.cpp file there.
Last edited on
Haha, I'm an idiot. Thank you.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.