What is Difference Between C++ and Visual C++

Please clear the difference between C++ and Visual C++. It is confusing me. And should be learn Visual C++ separately after learning C++?

closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Visual C++ and C++ are two entirely different things. They are related, though.

C++ is a high-level programming language that a compiler translates into machine code a computer can understand and execute.

Visual C++ is a tool created by Microsoft to make writing, compiling and debugging C++ source code easier. Visual C++ is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Well, it means, it is not necessary to learn Visual C++ if u have already learned C++. And with the knowledge of C++ , u can make windows apps too. After learning C++, what should be the next step ?
Last edited on
I guess it depends on what you mean by "learned C++", but perhaps you could consider learning another programming language (a different paradigm would probably be educational) or some libraries (like Boost). That is, assuming you have actually used C++ to make something interesting. If not, I'd recommend that since it is often a learning experience itself.
Actually i have just started to learn coding 3 months ago, Sometime when i watch videos on youtube, it confuses me too much. There is java, java script, html, css, php, ruby, python etc. tutorial videos.I don't know by learning C++, I am doing right or wrong but i want to become a programme developer in future. In 3 months i can hardly learn or understand 50% of C++ Beginner level then how can i learn all of these and be able to make apps or softwares?
If you put in effort then you can, if you want to make applications, first learn the basics of c++. Dig into the library and learn sequential and associative containers, smart pointers, algorithms and so on.

I've never liked learning from youtube, it seems like everyone starts off a language but doesn't quite cover much of it. I would recommend grabbing a book or looking around this and other sites. Look at articles and so on.

Though you may like learning from youtube and you may know of someone that covers it in detail, though I would still say books are better, that's just me.

After learning the basics of c++ and a lot of the standard(my list would be really long) then go to GUI programming, either Qt or wxWidgets and from then on you should be launched off. Good luck mate!
Thanks "ChajusSaib" you cleared metoo much. I am not learning by youtube (Confusing media). Using two sources, one is (infiniteskills learn C++ for beginners DVD's) and socond is a book (Jumping in to C++). I am sticking with these two and also sticking with C++. Hoping in a year i shall be able to understand all basics of C++. And after this, what should i fetch for learning GUI programming, a book or a dvd course? Plz suggest for me and also source to get help.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
What is the difference between C ++ and Visual C ++? - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/969297/what-is-the-difference-between-c-and-visual-c
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.