APIs and C++

Hello,
So, I was just thinking about how I can use APIs with web sites, and connect to NY Times and pull or search using theirs. Is this concept relevant to C++ based programs? If I wanted to have an application that used different APIs for Newfeeds over the internet, is that possible? Just curious, maybe that is not a good idea or there would never be a reason to have News Fees in an application build on C++, but I was just thinking if you had some game or application where you would like to reference help files that are on the web or located within another company with a public API.

Thoughts. Be nice ;-)
An API is just an interface provided by a library or system. Remember, API means Application Program Interface.

So if there existed a library with a C or C++ interface that accessed websites and did useful things with them, the set of functions, structs and classes provided to use it would be the API.

In general, these things are useful. We want to use other peoples libraries and the interface these libraries provide is called the API. We don't want to try to write everything ourselves, and even if we did, we'd put the code into libraries that had to be accessed.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.