What is "understanding" C++?

Hello fellow Programmers!

I have recently gotten into C++ and it is my second Programming Language. I have started with C and tiny experiences with html and decided to start C++ because I love how powerful a language it is.

What I am asking myself now is: When will I reach the point where I can say that I have "fully" understood C++? I have completed the Tutorial on Cplusplus.com and been creating more or less simple mathematical programms, like Matrix-Inversion, Sorting-algorithms etc...

But still, I get the feeling that the world of C++ is HUGE and that I am missing out on many things. So forgive me this noob Question: Are there any more "Basics" to understand? Or is the Rest of C++ just additional libraries and their functions? But can I consider myself to have understood C++ and - if not - where do I continue ?

Cheers,
Sankarea :)
the very concept of Understanding C++ is about utilising your knowledge on the language to solve everyday problems with its use , so as to benefit yourself and its users, in a very methodological and creative approach, with more emphasis on the amount of logic you apply.

In short,

YOU HAVE KNOWN ALL THE CONCEPTS, AND KNOW HOW TO APPLY, THAT IS THE END OF YOUR LEARNING ! BUT THE JOURNEY STARTS THERE ONLY TO EXPLORE THE VAST AREAS OF USE
I have completed the Tutorial on Cplusplus.com [...] Are there any more "Basics" to understand?

Yes, pretty much all of them. If you mean to learn C++, pick any beginner book from http://stackoverflow.com/a/388282 (and if you mean to understand C++, Bjarne's books are probably best)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.