Non printing/printable characters

How can i get information from keyboard for non printing/printable characters for example cin ctrl+c, cin ctrl+a, cin space?
As computer games are created for example in counter strike, call of duty if you press ctrl+c you crouch? or for example ctrl+c to copy text ?
When programming video games, we don't use cin to read user inputs.

To the low-level part (like game engine), we scan keyboard/joystick inputs directly.

For high-level part (like game logic), usually we register callbacks to input managers (usually provided by game engines). The engine will call our callback, so that we know the player has pressed some certain keys.
It's a complicated stuff, And you post it in beginner category..
Try to post it on Lounge or General category
To the low-level part (like game engine), we scan keyboard/joystick inputs directly.
For high-level part (like game logic), 
usually we register callbacks to input managers (usually provided by game engines). The engine will
 call our callback, so that we know the player has pressed some certain keys.

Can you be more precise and tell me how to do it in high-level part or in the code i should put any game engine. Or i have to use any low level programming language(assembler or C)

It's a complicated stuff, And you post it in beginner category..
Try to post it on Lounge or General category 

I am new in programming in c++ so i thought it should be here. But i see that shouldn't be here.
Last edited on
You can use many libraries. SFML, SDL, Allegro etc etc. All these have input/event handling for all the buttons on the keyboard.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.