C++ resources question

Hello, I am Learning C++ and I would like to know if the C++ Language Tutorial Written by Juan SouliƩ is still a usable book to teach your self the language.
Thank you.
Last edited on
He's on staff here. Maybe he'll answer your question himself. :)

However, that is from 2007, and C++ has changed enormously since then. In many ways it feels like a different language. The online version of it is more up to date, but it was never really a way to learn C++; it's a way to get started, maybe.
Last edited on
I learned c++ from the largest book I have seen in my life, c++ Primer 11. I stopped about three quarters of the way through it, now it doubles up for me as a great reference book. Just curious, how did everyone get into programming C++? If it was a book please let me know, I feel like an outsider in this world. Do other people get this feeling?
Ok thanks I shall take a look at c++ 11 primer
I'm learning now. I'm reading C++ Primer. I learned python before, and I'm feeling C++ too hard. One thing I have noted is that is very difficult to find a c++ book that teach with practice examples and exercises. This doesn't help beginners. Almost every python book are a practice book, almost every c++ book are a theoretical book. Sorry my poor English.
bjarne stroustrup (creator of c++) Wrote a book called a tour of c++. Which will teach you very well modern c++ in only around 180 Pages. Both he and Herb sutter recommended this book to everyone who wants to learn c++, It's really great.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.