MS Visual C++ V6.0

Pages: 12
Hi all,

I'm at college and have to write a program using this version of c++.

My problem is the differences in programming in this version to the ones used on this site & forum, and the newer instructions or syntax which is confusing me. So does anyone know of a specific site for programming in this version. As I can't seem to find anything useful for my needs.

Thanks for any help in advance...
You're unlikely to find many resources online. VC++ 6.0 is prestandard, and as such its language is not even considered proper C++. Really, any school using it to teach should feel very ashamed of itself. In any case, you're better off trying to find a book on C++ from that time (before 1998).
eewww that trumps my problem.
Has that much really changed?
Yes.
Thanks Duoas thats fantastic.

And yes helios I completely agree as does my tutor but for some reason it would be considered too much trouble to get the techies to install a new piece of software and I personally think its also a money issue as well.
VC++ 2008 is available for free..
compiling on command line reduce some version sytax differences,i found myself reducing using;

#include "stdafx.h"

and many other headers,so you my compile with visual ++ command Prompt if any.am i right?
What?
i mean compiling on command line is more standard.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
...but it is the same compiler, how can it be 'more standard'?
compiling using the IDE also does the same.. you still specify the command line arguments..
So you can tell me why my visual studio need some extra headers to compile same code that are easly compiled in command line mode without any extra header?Like that above.
stdafx.h is used for precompiled headers. You told the IDE to use them when you created the project.
Right now,my visual studio does not compile any code it say:'invalid win32 application',but on cmdline everything get well!,so why if it is the same compiler.
Quite simply, you're doign it wrong.
Can you tell me why this!
Because you went for win32 application instead of windows console application. Win32 uses WinAPI and expects a winmain.
Which wrong?,suddenly after installation it compile but after few hours,every thing go apart.Am break on compling on cmdline for now.I thInk it does not need any extra header that i think they are not neccessary for my consel prog.Am right?
Pages: 12