Printing a fraction

I'm stuck on one problem of a group that I've been working on and my deadline is rapidly approaching. It's supposed to draw from work that we've done in our previous assignments but I just can't figure out how to even get going.

Here is the Q;

Define a class called Fraction that has 2 private members that represent the numerator and denominator respectively. They will be represented as integers. Include a constructor and a public void function called print that prints out the fraction. (For example, if the numerator is 3 and the denominator is 5, print provides as output 3/5.) Include the class in a program that prints out the fraction 3/5.

and embarrassingly this is all I have(and its probably not right)

Thanks in advance!!

#include<iostream>
  using namespace std;

class Fraction
  {
     private:
             int numerator;
             int denominator;
     public:
             void print(int x, int y) : numerator(x), denominator(y) {}
  };
You don't have a constructor. You should include a 2-parameter/default constructor that either sets the private data to 0 or to what was passed in. So it will look something like this:

Fraction(int num = 0, int den = 0) : numerator(num), denominator(den){}

The print function is incorrect. An initializer list only works with constructors, not with normal functions. Your print function should simply cout the numerator followed by a '/' character followed by denominator. It would be best if print did not take any parameters.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.