Programs that can be made with c++

Hey guys, i'm a newbie. i have just started to learn c++ abut a month ago .At this point , i have already learn about cin , cout , sring , int , and the boolean thingy . But i still dont understand how can a programmer make a software based on those codes . Can someone explain to me? And what kind of programs that can we make using this language ?

Thanks.
Basically you can do almost everything in C++. With the things you have learned so far you can write only console applications. If you want to write GUI applications or games you will need to learn additional libraries/frameworks/game-engines.
It comes together a little better when you get into SLIGHTLY more advanced stuff, which you're surely approaching. One of those things is iostreams and file streams. Even with console applications, you can make some nifty things.

It doesn't make sense now, but sooner rather than later you'll start delving into classes and it'll begin falling into place how cin, cout, char, int, bool, etc. (along with other techniques) can combine to do some neat stuff.
Some good ideas to start with
Open a text file, count the number of lines, or words or spaces or periods
show the output with line numbers
search on a word in the file and show which line it's on

too easy ?
convert the letters to morse code
convert morse code back to english
convert it to binary, hex or decimal
count the size of the words in a document
format that into a report

still too easy ?
make a spell checker
create a GUI interface and add your line count, spell check, find/search function, and what ever else you have created.

Thanks guysss . And what's a GUI ?
@SamuelAdams well, i don't really undersrand how to do all that thing tho...
Last edited on
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_user_interface
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
LOL Yep, pretty close, for a talented champion that is. :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.