I am writing a program which involves the user populating an excel settings sheet.
I then read it and the values feed into the program.
There seem to be a few libraries out there for reading / writing xlsx files - I settled on XLSX I / O
I am quite a noob in programming and I cannot get it to work.
What I did was:
- Installed expat
- Installed zlib using cygwin command line
- Installed libzip using cygwin command line
- added ziplip to link libraries option in linker options
- added C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/ to linker search directories
- copied dll / dll.a / .h files from include / bin directories in the downloadable to my correspondingly named mingw directories
I am using codeblocks with mingw
I am trying to run the example called example_xlsxio_read_cpp from (https://github.com/brechtsanders/xlsxio)
The problems I ran into:
Compiler error - "error: no input files"
Not able to launch the .exe files - with error The file ziplib-4.dll is missing from your computer
My question is:
1. How to install the XLSX I O library correctly / how to get the example to compile?
2. What to do about the ziplib-4.dll file and where should it be?