A number of errors, all on one line

Hello! I've recently borrowed a textbook from a friend so I may practice coding using the examples listed, as I've been wanting to get into coding for some time. However, there is one thing that has been causing me a headache for the past few days. While I have the rest of the program typed out and (hopefully) functional, there's something in the very beginning that seems to be giving me a lot of difficulty -- four errors for one line.

The errors are "expected } before { token", "expected , or ; before { token", "expected unqualified-id before '{' token", and "expected declaration before { token." No matter what I do, some errors disappear and others pop up again.

I should mention that I'm currently working on a Windows computer while the code was typed up on a Mac earlier, if that has the potential to cause any issues. I apologize if this breaks any rules or is a faux pas to ask -- I looked at the 'read before posting' and although it's technically supposed to be a homework problem, I'm doing this on my own time for practice rather than a grade, and hoped that I could find help to this problem here.

Please let me know if you need any more detail on anything.

Here is the line that has been causing the difficulty:

char board[3][3] = {{'*','*','*'} {'*','*','*'} {'*','*','*'}};
Last edited on
Commas? Absence of a couple thereof.
Last edited on
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
char board[3][3] = {{'*','*','*'} ,{'*','*','*'} ,{'*','*','*'}};
Oh, bless you. I thought I put commas there before and it came up nil, but apparently that was all it needed! Silly me.
Thank you.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.