Help with Arrays and Sorting letters of alphabet in reverse, normal and sorted forms (Starting out C++ in university)

You are to write a C++ program which does the following:

Reads in a the size of a list of characters.
Reads in the list of characters.
Prints the list of characters in the opposite order read in.
Prints the list of characters in the order read in.
Sorts the list.
Prints the sorted list.

You may assume there will be no more than 1000 characters in the list. (You should use a constant to make this limit easily changeable.)

You MUST write at least three functions (in addition to 'main') in your program.
I would've posted what I have done till now but I am such a newbie that I barely did the first part and I have no idea what to do next. Can anybody provide me with a sample or anything related to it which I can study? The pdf files I have don't even scratch the surface of what I need to learn. Thank you! I want to do it myself and yes I surfed online about the issue in hand and thus landed here eventually.
Well you should post what you have managed so far, so we can correct what you have and advise you on your next steps.

Your title says 'arrays' but your prose says 'lists'. Which is it?
Sample output follows:

Please enter the size of the list: 10
Please enter next character: Y
Please enter next character: o
Please enter next character: u
Please enter next character: n
Please enter next character: g
Please enter next character: s
Please enter next character: t
Please enter next character: o
Please enter next character: w
Please enter next character: n

LIST in reverse order
n
w
o
t
s
g
n
u
o
Y

LIST in normal order
Y
o
u
n
g
s
t
o
w
n

LIST in sorted order
Y
g
n
n
o
o
s
t
u
w
Does this help?

Not really.
It tells us what you want to do, but doesn't show us what you've managed to do so far.

At the very least, you should be able to manage the program Q&A phase, even if you're not sure what to do with the data once you have it.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.