Visual Studio Not Responding

I am using the latest version of Visual Studio Community and it has started some strange behavior. Any code that I create will not get displayed to the terminal and the red squiggly lines that show up for syntax errors will not show up. I purposely made some syntax errors and added some cout statements but when I run the program it displays the same old code over and over from before this issue began. If anyone has any idea what is going on and how to fix this that will be great!

Also, I have tried rebuilding my project and restarting Visual Studio but that did not help.
I’ve never used Visual Studio, but, trying to guess:
- Have you moved or copied your project?
- Do you open it by ‘Recent’ (or whatever option Visual Studio has) or ‘Open...’ ?
- Is there an option not to save last ‘session’ (or whatever it is called in Visual Studio)? Have you trying de-selecting it and closing?
- Is it possible to run several instances of Visual Studio at once? Are you sure you exit from all of them?
- Is it possible to open several projects at once in Visual Studio? Are you sure you open only the one you need?

What about simply copying your code into another editor, set up a new project and restore your code?

Other funny conjectures might come in the future :-)
Do you have any anti-virus s/w running?

Since .exe files you create are effectively "unknown" to the AV, it can sometimes do funny things like lock the file.

If you do all your code development in some c:\code root directory, try adding that as an exclusion in your AV program.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.