Game Development for Beginners

Hello. I was wondering if anyone here has or is working on a game or programs games for a career. If you do I would like to ask some questions about it. I'm a beginner but I want to program for games someday. I've always been interested in programing a game since I was 13 but I have just recently been thriving to learn the craft. I've been trying to learn recently but Its a little harder than I thought and If you could or if you have the time, can I talk to sometime and see how it is to program for a game, how you got your start, how do you think I should approach the learning aspect of it. Things like that. If you let me and don't mind if I could email you or something and talk to about it that would be great thanks.
I wouldn't mind emails. I got into computer science by wanting to be a game designer first. So I've done my research...Mind you Game Dev is a bit different from Computer science. I'm currently studying the ladder at Univeristy, but I know more then enough to help you along to the right path for game design :) Send me an email at Seraphimsan@gmail.com.

EDIT: Yes I've done game dev before, just to make that clear
I sent you an email. If you didn't get it i'll send another. Thanks for offering to help me. I really appreciate it.
Yea send it again, outlook is being buggy, I saw it for a second then it was gone. and i cant find it in any folder.
Hi Christian, what questions do you have? I've been doing simulation programming for 3 years now, software development for over 10, have completed several projects and I'm currently working on a farely large 3d game engine project. Post your questions here for the benefit of the forum and we'll do our best to answer them.
See Return 0 is one of those guys I mentioned in email that would be far better suited to help you :P
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.