deprecated config.h and map.h

Hi guys.

I get warning that I'm using deprecated headers. When I searched my code I have only found map.h and config.h (where config.h include some more X.h headers). I tried to replace them but it failed:

I couldn't have find the new name of config.h. I tried, config, cnofigc, and cconfig but nothing worked.

When I replace map.h with map I get an error:

error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'map' with no type.

over any declaration of map in my header file but not in the cpp file.

Hoe can I fix those problems?
bump

(I should note that I an e-mail that someone has replied this post but I can't see this
In standard C++, map is a container data-type e.g map<int, string> mymap; So obviously your map.h replaced with map will clash with the C++ STL map header file.

As for config.h will be strange as I believe in Standard C++ STL there is no config type.
sohguanh, thanks for your replay.

I'm not sure that I understood your answer correctly...

As for the config.h problem. There is no alternative for that? Why is it needed? There is a chance that my IDE (kdevelop) just put it there. The code is 2-3 month old so I don't remember everything about it.

As for the map.h. I want to use that C++ container, I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Do you suggest that I have a map header file that I'm compiling? There is a chance that I tried to create a map class myself.

Thanks.

Yotam
As for the map.h. I want to use that C++ container, I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Do you suggest that I have a map header file that I'm compiling? There is a chance that I tried to create a map class myself.

If you want to use C++ container, then #include <map> is good enough. As for your previous version of map.h take a look at the internal implementation, what is it doing ? It is doing something like what C++ does or it is doing something entirely different but the filename is called map.h ?

If it is doing something entirely different, then you just rename the map.h to another name good enough. Then you should #include "mymap.h" for e.g in your calling program
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.