linking

HI,I have a problem:
I'm using liban8 lybrary to load anim8or models.
It has a header call an8loader.h and some static libraries.
i put the libraries in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Lib
and included the header.When I try to compile,I get a linker error.Can someone help?
What's the link error?
1>Linking...
1>Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall An8File::ComputeTextureIDForMaterial(void)" (?ComputeTextureIDForMaterial@An8File@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl InitGL(void)" (?InitGL@@YAHXZ)
1>Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall An8File::ComputeAllMatrices(void)" (?ComputeAllMatrices@An8File@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl InitGL(void)" (?InitGL@@YAHXZ)
1>Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall An8File::Triangulize(void)" (?Triangulize@An8File@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl InitGL(void)" (?InitGL@@YAHXZ)
1>Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall An8File::Ungroup(void)" (?Ungroup@An8File@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl InitGL(void)" (?InitGL@@YAHXZ)
1>Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall An8File::ComputeAllPositions(void)" (?ComputeAllPositions@An8File@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl InitGL(void)" (?InitGL@@YAHXZ)
1>Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall An8File::LoadFile(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (?LoadFile@An8File@@QAE_NV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "int __cdecl InitGL(void)" (?InitGL@@YAHXZ)
1>Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall An8File::An8File(void)" (??0An8File@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl InitGL(void)" (?InitGL@@YAHXZ)
1>.\Debug/Lesson1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
You have to tell VC what extra libraries to link with.
So go to the properties for the project, and in the linker section add the name of the liban8 library.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.