I need help...I have final exam tomorrow

Pages: 12
I didn't intend to reply to any threads this morning, but I think this time I'll interject something.

I understand that you've had trouble learning C++, M0ha, and want to aid others so that they won't have the difficulties you had. However, there's a difference between "help" and help, if you will. What you're doing is giving out full solutions (which, WriteGreatCode, you were doing this too...) which don't even compile. If you want to honestly help, do what the rest of us do: give out hints in a human language, maybe even step-by-step solutions with no code (though I'd discourage this). Trust me, this'll help a lot more than just giving out the answers.

Also, you can self-study. After all, all my C++ education was self-study, and I don't think I turned out too bad. :)

-Albatross
Last edited on
...hope next time you study hard !!

lol, why the feck would he want to study hard the next time, he'd just waltz in here and beg people to answer his exam questions for him -again and again.

And if those were the real exam questions then some people are helping a 'criminal' >:)
closed account (zb0S216C)
You're bound to fail the exam. I've looked at the questions you gave and the answers are so easy. Personally, if you're going keep coming back with problems expecting full solutions, you may as well quit your course. There's no pride in cheating through a course.
Okay, now you lot are just being mean. Just as there is no pride in cheating through a course, there's no pride in rubbing in someone's nose that they are having difficulties (regardless of whether they should or shouldn't be).

-Albatross
WriteGreatCode

thank you a lot for that...i know i took ur time but i hope someday i can return 2u something
@M0ha

I appreciate that we were able to discuss things the way we did, calmly and friendly, and I also believe that you did have a point about how lecturers won't put things into the simplest form somtimes. I also believe that if said student was struggling that he should have studied out side of class, and if that fails then ask a peer or the teacher. I don't want this to sound like I'm disagreeing with you at all I just want to look at this as objectively as possiable, but in my opinion the subject of this thread is a display of irrespoinsibility. This doesn't mean I want him to fail while at the same time I want him to learn. Now I also understand that there are things in his life that we couldn't possiably know about him that could have kept him from doing any of the above.

I apoligize if I "rubbed" you the wrong way.
I don't disagree that some professors could be incompetent or unhelpful, but to me the OP just comes off as lazy. The way he was "helped" here will probably only hurt him in the long run. He didin't take the time to work on his course and be ready for the exam, and the consequences for that will likely be an F. Giving him answers only helps him dodge consequences, and encourages a very poor work ethic.

@king214:
Possible. :-)
As Albatross stated, there is a difference between "helping" a person and flat out giving them the answer. He's never going to learn anything new if we just give him the answers. He'll just hand them over on his test and continue on... if however, we give him the resources and the means to understand the questions himself, he will have learned something.

If you were an employer looking to hire programmers, would you want the guy who just Googled the answer to all the sample problems they gave him in college? Or the one who studied hard and understands every aspect of the problem and comes up with his own solution.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12