release

how i can release my programme after finishing it
Do you mean how to compile the code?
i mean that i want to release it as exe extension file all ready for use by other persons tthat don't have visual studio & like any ohter normal prigramme.
That process is known as compilation.
I assume you're using some VS post 6.0.
Menu/Build/Build Solution. I think the default key is F9.
The compiled executable should now be in (assuming default settings) "Your Documents\Visual Studio something-or-other\Projects\SolutionName\ProjectName\Debug\ProjectName.exe"
A surefire way to get there is: right click on the project icon in the Solution Explorer/Open Folder in Windows Explorer.
The Debug version is unoptimized and has debug information. In other words, it's slower and bigger than it needs to be.
But since you didn't even know how to do it, this shouldn't be much of a problem for you.
Last edited on
to get it to other peoples without VS go to the Project Properties and set the Compiler options to link the libraries statically...
Static linkage shouldn't be necessary... Windows users should all have (by the automatic update feature) the needed libraries to run your VS programs.

But compiling for the Release version is. Users won't want the Debug versions.

I recommend you take a look at Inno Setup for generating an installer.
http://www.innosetup.com/isinfo.php
This gives your users the typical install wizards, and it allows you to verify that the user's system has all the required DLLs (and complain if it doesn't).

Good luck!
Last edited on
why not just set it to release?^^... no debug stuff...

well... i am testing my progs at some of my friends pc´s... windows xp bla blubb... and its only working on one machine (the person got the team edition^^)... the other ones can´t start it without the static stuff... or i got to deploy it like the msdn tells me to^^...
Yes... Team System. Nothing like riding a mule.

Could it be they don't have the CRT (C run-time, not cathode ray tube)? That's a pretty common occurrence.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.