Refreshing the terminal?

Hey all,

In order to test something I wrote I'd like to see what the program has stored at all times. Essentially, I need the program to display a 2D grid where each cell is either on or off, and it redraws the grid x times per second to reflect changes in the grid-- something like what I've drawn below.

000 --> 010 --> 110
000 --> 010 --> 010
000 --> 010 --> 011

I'm guessing I can print a bunch of new lines and print the new grid out? But that might not cut it, because outputting all the other stuff back in screen does take some, and the end result is just a bunch of flashing text. If there's a cleaner way to do it, please let me know!

Thanks!
God.. my english is bad... lol

well can you print out the stuff.. record it.. array txt. file whatever works for you...
then you use clearscreen command ??? and print new next stuff out.. ??
all your pre-printed datas will be stored in file or array or whatever and could be accessable visible.. :/ i dunno if this works nor i get your problem right.
to see what the program has stored at all times

Do you mean what your variables equal to? If so, you can just watch them with your debugger.

If you still want to have the grid then you can write the grid to a text file for later viewing, use your OS specific sleep function, or use break points to tell your debugger to stop after each time the grid is printed out so you can view it.

If you want to see what the variables contain I'd suggest to just watch them.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.