About DEV C++

Hi....
Does Anyone Know How To Open Header Files In DEV C++. It Is There In Visual C++. But How To Write The Code In A Header File In DEV C++ If It Doesn't Have It...
Last edited on
I don't use that IDE, so I don't know. However, there is probably some kind of "add to project" to "add existing files" option, either on the File menu or the project's context menu.

Coincidentally, you might find some interesting reading here:
http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/36vU7k9E/
@Xander314 Thank You For Ur Reply
The Thing Is I Don't Hv Visual Studio Installed In My New Computer. So I Think I Better Install It. But Dev C++ Is Not That Bad As It Mentioned. If There Is A Way To Keep Header Files I Prefer Dev C++ Than Visual C++. But Anyways Is There Anyone Who Knows How To Open Header File In Dev C++. Plz Tell ...Thank You
But Dev C++ Is Not That Bad As It Mentioned. It is that bad. It really is.

How To Open Header File In Dev C++.

What do you mean "open"? Do you mean create a new header file, or open one that already exists?
Last edited on
I Mean How To Create A Header File. Do You Know? But Except For Dev C++ Is There Any Good IDEs For C++?
The end of the article Xander314 lists a few. I personally suggest Visual C++ Express, which I personally find to be excellent.
A header file is just a text file containing code; usually class and function declarations and definitions. That's it. You make one the same way you'd make any other text file.
Creation of any type of file is usually found under the IDE file menu, or by right clicking the project in the solution explorer (if Dev C++ has one).

I recommend Visual C++ Express or Code::Blocks. If you really like Dev C++'s interface, check out wxDevC++.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.