Visual C++ 2010

hi guys busy watching the youtube tutorials on microsoft visual c++
i know it says its visual and watching the tutorial, i saw he was making a windows forms application,using the hello world program as an example.

does visual C++ allow you to make windows programs without having to type any code. is this good or bad? (from a development point of view)
should you rather use a proper text compiler?
or is it the case that ms visual allows you to visually build and code at the same time.

and whats a windows forms application, should i be looking at visual c++ express manual and tutorials before i even think of coding?

please clear this all up for me
thanks

total newb
You still have to write your programs yourself - the windows forms is just for creating the GUI (graphical user interface). That's a bunch of code you don't have to write yourself, but there would be little (no) gain in attempting to write that yourself. Maybe do it once or twice to see how it actually works.

PS: Windows Forms only work when you program in C++/CLI instead of C++ (C++/CLI is a language extension that allows you to access .NET stuff from C++).
thanks hanst99,

so by using ms c++ visual 2010 im using c++/cli?

and what do you think of ms visual c++ express 2010, what do you use as a compiler?

Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.