I am a beginner

Hi Everyone,

I really wanted to learn programming from the very basic of it until the complex topics. However, I have noone to ask for. i am very willing to learn Im currently surfing the net and looking for tutorials.. Any experts here? Can you guys, teach me or suggest good topics, advice me on how to approach programming in a simple way I could understand.. I would really appreciate it.

PS: Im interested in learning c++ programming,

Thank you so much..
I think there is a lot of experts in here. (I' not one of them) I think this is the way to go:

1 Buy a c++ book.
2 Download a free compiler such as MS Visual C++
3 Read on this side and other web tutorials. There are allso some good beginner tutorials on youtube, such as "Thenewboston c++ tutorials"
4 Fiddle around with the compiler til you manage to build a simple program such as "Hello world" and build from that.
5 Stay away from windows-programming and other advanced stuff until you are beginning to get a grasp of the C++ standard.

PS: I started out with c and then emigrated towards c++ (this has made my coding-style a little bastard innbetween c and c++) I think you should just jump right in to c++

Email me at kong2888@gmail.com for any questions, any time :)
closed account (zb0S216C)
You can simply ask questions on this forum. Alternatively, you can PM (private message) the users of this forum for answers, but don't annoy them too much :)P

Please! read this: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/ before posting. It gets annoying when newcomers fail to read the instructions.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Personal thought of the day: Stack Overflow isn't recommended for beginner programmers.

Wazzak
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.