How do I work with Windows application

So I've got the basics for working in the console. But now I want to start working in the Windows App. I can't find a single tutorial about it. Only for console. Can you direct me to a tutorial or tell me the basics of working in Windows app.
Last edited on
You could try a 3rd party library/API like WxWidgets.(only one I've worked with)

http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/tutorials.htm
Read the Petzold (the Bible); avoid tutorials (noobs only)
And don't use "3rd party libraries" (for kids who can't program...)
You can do everything with Win32 api
Last edited on
You can do everything with Win32 api

Because only kids who can't program write portable code.
Well, if someone is trying to learn about something, it's because they're a newbie at it. Hey, that's great advice! "Don't bother learning the basics first. That's for noobs. If you start learning from the middle, you're already half-way through!"

And don't use "3rd party libraries"
Wouldn't the WinAPI be a 3rd party library? After all, it's not in the C++ standard.

(for kids who can't program...)
Yeah. Only a retard would pass on the opportunity of writing code for every possible platform and execution environment. The essence of being a guru is spending countless months porting code instead of wasting it writing code that actually does something.

God, I hate Wintards.
Last edited on

Clearly, It's kids who wrote the boost library. A significant amount of which is going to be part of the next C++ standard.

I don't understand your need for making such ignorant and arrogant comments george. Enlighten us eh?
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.