Compilers

To someone thats new to programming, has some major computer knowledge and would just appreciate complexity; do you have any suggested compilers to use?
GCC compiler is the best and most widely used around the world.

But the problem is that it can't be integrated into Visual studio just like that which has the best debuger and enviroinmet.

when MS implemnt C++11 futures completly into VS I would say that VC++ is as good as GCC.
clang is pretty awesome (or LLVM - I'm still not sure which one's doing the actual compiling, clangs page says it's a frontend to the LLVM compiler so...).
My point of view thet the MS VC++ is very bed compiler. But the problem is that now it is difficult to find a free good compiler. Maybe GCC is the preferable compiler.
clang compiles C or C++ code to the LLVM intermediate language and LLVM generates actual machine code for the target platform. However, clang still doesn't reach GCC's performance of the generated code at this time.
Those are many options. I suppose Ill test GCC.
+1 for Clang++, especially if you can install their C++ library implementation, libc++. It is the youngest of the available compilers, written from scratch directly to the specification of the language, and it made good use of knowing what other compilers did wrong.

Last edited on
Now you made me change my mind :/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.