Annoying Select delete!

I am using microsoft visual studios 2010 and I was wondering where I can turn the option to turn off the annoying auto select.

What I mean is whenever I try to change something little within the line of code, I hover and click on the piece of code, and start typing away when suddenly all of right code are getting deleted as I type more.

Anyone know how to turn it back to normal as in where I can add in pieces of code anywhere without deleting the text?
Are you sure you are not in OVERSTRIKE editing mode - which will as it say overwrite rather than insert text. You can tell if you are in OVERSTRIKE mode
by a falshing block caret rather than a normal flashing single line INSERT mode
caret - and the current text entry mode is shown at the bottom right hand side
of the visual studio status bar - OVR or INS

Are also sure that you are not accidentally selecting text when you clik the mouse - because if you make a selection and start typing then the selected text will be replaced.
(This has happened to me by accident when my CTRL key was stuck down on the keyboard causing me to accidentally select text when I clicked the mouse)
I was using a laptop with integrated mouse turned on.
So when I was trying to type something my hands were touching the mouse and selecting a random text in visual studio and deleting it :D.

also as guestgulkan sayd above another problem I had was deleting as I type because INS was turned on, on my keyboard :(

Hope this help.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.