Directory & file related ... things?

Hello,
First I'm new to the forums, so hello to everyone present.
Then to the questions-
I'm in a bit of a trouble, because I'm trying to make a function in C++ that's capable of showing what files are there in a directory, load a chosen file, edit it, save it, and delete a chosen file.

I know how load, edit and save files, but I have found null on anything that shows what files are in the directory and how to save and load from other directories.

To elaborate-
Suppose the program, Main.exe, is in a folder, Main, there's a subfolder next to Main.exe called Test, wich contains the files Alpha, Gamma and Omega, which are .txt files.

I need to write a function for the future Main.exe that accesses the three files in the Test folder, displays, creates, edits and deletes themin the command line.
Maybe someone throws something wise at me, like what commands/expressions (I never remember how to call those... fopen, fclose, printf etc.) to use and how to use them, or perhaps if it's not too much of a work, write a simple example code using those.

I found some in google, but I did not understand those, was something opendir, but that doesn't asnwer how my program would be able to delete those files...

Thanking ahead for any answer, I hope I made some sense...
-Nordolf
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.