Dynamic 2d array with a Struct c++

I am writing a program that keeps inventory for a made up book store. I am using a dynamic 2d array to hold the data. Here is what I have so far. The program compiles, but when I try and output the data, nothing shows up.

struct StoreInventory
{
    string title;
    int copies;
    double wholesalePrice;
};

void ListBooks(StoreInventory **inventory, int count, int columns);

int main()
{

// Declare Variables
    ifstream inFile;
    ofstream outFile;
    char menuChoice;

int size = 5, count = 0, columns = 3, rows;

// Initialize and Set up rows in Dynamic Array
    StoreInventory **inventory = new StoreInventory* [rows];

// Set up columns in Dynamic Array
    for(int row = 0; row < rows; row++)
        inventory[row] = new StoreInventory[columns];

inFile.open("inventory.dat");

inFile >> (inventory[0][0]).title >> (inventory[0][1]).copies >> (inventory[0][2]).wholesalePrice;

while(inFile)
    {
        count++;         
        inFile >> (inventory[count][0]).title >> (inventory[count][1]).copies >> (inventory[count][2]).wholesalePrice;
    }

void ListBooks(StoreInventory **inventory, int count, int columns)
{
    for(int row = 0; row < count; row++)
    {
        for(int col = 0; col < columns; col++)
            cout << (inventory[row][col]).title << " " << &(inventory[row][col]).title;
        cout << endl;
    }
}    

I left some stuff out like the menu to this program because I tested it thoroughly and it works. If needed I can put the entire program. I am not seeking the outright answer to my problem, but maybe some nice hints so that I can study this further and learn it on my own would be appreciated.

Edited in to add that I am keeping track of book title, number of copies, and wholesale price.
Last edited on
I have beat myself up over this a good part of the day. I took a shower, came back and looked at it again. I asked myself, why am I using a 2d array for this at all? I think just a dynamic array would fit the bill. I think that is my major problem, I wll try that right now.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.