creating a GUI

hi,
i have written a small c code which implements a digital account book.Now i'm able to get it done on command prompt.
Please suggest any tool using which i can create a GUI where i can read the contents onto a field and use the c code logic for implementation.
I have used code blocks IDE.
There is plenty of GUI toolkits out there, but I'm currently using wxWidgets (as suggested by another member here) and using the C::B plugin wxSmith to have a WYSIWYG interface. It's simple to create a basic GUI that way, but the amount of background coding is fairly complex for wxWidgets (there is a lot to learn) but wxSmith takes care of most of the design aspect while you're left just implementing the C code.

There are tutorials for each and I highly suggest reading them. There is even a supplement to convert printf functions into something for writing to wxWidgets. You need to do a good bit of reading to make everything fit together perfectly.
hi, thanks for the reply.
But what if i want to create a windows application.
Most GUI toolkits are built off of the OS's API so you're creating a Window's Application. If you want to only learn Window's API, do a few google searches about "C++ Window's API".
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.