VC++ 2010 Project Setup Problem

Hi,
I know this is probably fairly trivial, but I am following a tutorial book, OpenGL SuperBible, and I am currently working on a chapter involving Windows-specific programming. The code itself is easy to follow, but I am trying to create my own project. The problem I am having is that I am unable to replicate the project provided in the example source code using VC++ 2010.

The provided source code for the project is split between separate folders, with the project alone in one folder, the source code in another and then required libraries in a third. After creating a new project and copying the source code directly as well as matching the additional dependencies and directories, the new project won't compile. I also noticed that the example project has a set of imported *.cpp files that correspond to the libraries that need to be included, but the header files referenced are not included.

After no luck scouring the internet as well as the numerous property sheets for both projects, I decided to compare the two project files in Notepad++. There were several discrepancies, but the one that jumped out was a block of statements that were missing from my project:
    <ClCompile Include="..\..\..\Src\Chapter13\block_redux\Block_redux.cpp" />
    <ClCompile Include="..\..\..\Src\GLTools\src\GLBatch.cpp" />
    <ClCompile Include="..\..\..\Src\GLTools\src\glew.c" />
    <ClCompile Include="..\..\..\Src\GLTools\src\GLShaderManager.cpp" />
    <ClCompile Include="..\..\..\Src\GLTools\src\GLTools.cpp" />
    <ClCompile Include="..\..\..\Src\GLTools\src\GLTriangleBatch.cpp" />
    <ClCompile Include="..\..\..\Src\GLTools\src\math3d.cpp" />

These seem to be the only statements missing that deal with the particular library files, only I have no idea how to replicate this. I had somewhat naively assumes that if I can get the two files to match (at least to a greater degree), then the project will work.

I was wondering if anyone with any knowledge of VC++ 2010 knew how to sort this out. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.