Long shot programming question

Good Morning,

I want to start by throwing out that I only have a very intro level knowledge of microchip programming. I know this may not be the best place to start, but I am in over my head on this project. I fell into this because my boss tossed it in my lap because IT is a very inclusive word for him.

Anyway, my Company repairs business telephones and phone systems. We have a chip our engineer thinks is the problem so we are trying to replace it. The chip is an Atmel 89C51RC2-UM. I have blank chips, and a BK Precision 866B programmer to work with.

So far I have only been able to read from the chip. When I attempt to copy the programming onto a blank chip it halts at 0% or 25% depending on what programming options I select.

Anyone here that could help me figure out this issue or point me towards a useful resource would have my gratitude. If you need any more info let me know and I will do my best to provide it.
Well, figured out the issue. I guess I needed to blank the chip before making an attempt to write to it even though they were blank?

Anyway, nevermind my question.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.