How do i get a yes and no question?

So, I'm completely new to C++ and I chose it as my first programming language. Now I've decided on this one and I realize how powerful and hard this language might be to learn but none the less i'd like to get good at how to program in it, so I want to stick to C++. So I've been writing beginning programs with nano and compiling with g++, and I'm reading out of a book which is programming principles and practices by Bjarne Stroustrup. So I wrote this little code but what I want it to do is recognize the answer and give me a different option.

Would you like to play a game? y/n
so if you where to answer no it would give you a different option like:
What would you like to do?
or if you answered yes it would give something like:
What game would you like to play?

I'd also like to say in advance that i'm sorry if this post is on somewhere else but I haven't been able to find the answer for this particular question, here is the code I have written, I got the idea from a 1980's movie called war games lol.

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout<<"hello, please enter your first and last name and age\n";
string name;
string name2;
int age;
cin>>name>>name2;
cin>>age;
cout<<"Hello,"<<name<<name2<<" (age"<<age<<")\n";
cout<<"Would you like to play a game?\n";
string yes;
cin>>yes;
cout<<"What game would you like to play?" " name"<<name<<"?\n";
string Chess;
cin>>Chess;
cout<<"Would you like to go first?\n";
return 0;

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.
Try to name your variables so that you know what they're for by reading them. For example, in your code, the variable yes would be much better named userInput.

cout<<"Would you like to play a game? (y or n)\n";
string userInput;
cin >> userInput;
if (userInput == "y")
{
  cout << "You said yes.";
}
else if (userInput == "n")
{
  cout << "You said no.";
}
Thank you, I do understand what that means an I'm going to try it as soon as I get a chance, I appreciate the feed back knowing that this is probably such a beginner question.
hey thanks a lot, it worked, it gave me an understanding on how to use if in the right manner thanks
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.