Sending text to email

I am trying to do something for contacting my gaming team , but i need a program for it witch helps me sending email with the text that has been filled in the program to my email .

Does anyone knows how to do that ? If yes , give me some codes so i start doing it . Thanks in advance ..

Reply fast please :(

BTW : I am using the Console Application for this , so .. i am just informing you .
Last edited on
you really want to type your emails in the console?
I want that someone else type text in console and it get sent to me
What you're describing isn't email, but more of an IRC. Email goes from client to server to another client using a couple main protocols (SMTP and POP).
Like error messages on games where it has a text box. user types in and then it sends it to you?
So like you're playing a game and an error happens, it gives you an option to enter an error report and send it in? Just use SMTP over port 25 I believe for this. Just send it to your email address and your email server will do the rest.
>> Like error messages on games where it has a text box. user types in and then it sends it to you?

Yes that's what i meant , but not with windows app , but with Console Application .

Fast reply please .
I just told you what to do. I'd say this is more of a job for a script though. I wouldn't use C++ for this.
>> I just told you what to do. I'd say this is more of a job for a script though. I wouldn't use C++ for this

I would use it b.c.s it is simply . It would look helpfull for me and i have seen some like that around . . . If someone can give me a code so i can start scripting , please give me a reply .
Use libcurl for this, there is an example code on their webpage:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

However, you most likely need access to a SMTP server like Gmail (must enable it first from Gmail settings) as it is very unlikely to host your own SMTP server locally.

Personally, I will use HTTP POST request to send a text to my own website and process it with PHP or other web scripting language like insert into some kind of database instead of sending an email every time. Using HTTP will have the advantage of not being blocked by ISP or firewall/antivirus solution.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.