Pretty confused about this. Textbook doesn't cover this in depth and I tried to find other sources but I'm just confusing myself even more...
I'm not looking for answers. Don't give them to me. I just need guidance.
Given three variables, a, b, c, of type double that have already been declared and initialized, write some code that prints each of them in a 15 position field on the same line, in such away that scientific (or e-notation or exponential notation) is avoided. Each number should be printed with 5 digits to the right of the decimal point. For example, if their values were 24.014268319, 14309, 0.00937608, the output would be:

NOTE: The vertical bar, | , on the left above represents the left edge of the print area; it is not to be printed out. Also, we show x in the output above to represent spaces-- your output should not actually have x's!

My code for this is (which is obviously wrong):
cout << setw(15);
cout << setfill(' ');
cout << fixed << setprecision(5) << a << ' ' << b << ' ' << c;

Please give me some guidance. Thanks!
Last edited on
Your close.

If you read about setw
It sets the number of characters to be used as the field width for the next insertion operation.

So you need to specify setw 3 times in your output, once before each double your printing out.

cout << fixed << setprecision(5) << setw(15) << a << ' ' << setw(15) << b << ' ' << setw(15) << c;
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.