Beginners - September 2020 (Page 8)

by CeErre
Issue When running code in Visual Studio Code

Hey Geeks, I an trying to do an assignment to run a recursive algorithm: #include <iostream> using namespace std; float fact (float n); int main () { ...
[11 replies] Last: You guys are awesome! That worked! CeErre (by CeErre)
by Mif
How to make a piece of code run only one time? (1,2)

Okay, I know it sounds crazy, but I really need to know if this is possible. My question first isn't complete, for that I wanna continue here.. So, how do I cr...
[20 replies] Last: const int l = strlen(pass) - 1; if (pass == '\n') pass = ... (by seeplus)
const char * to char error message

Hello, I have recently started to learn from a book, and I am currently copying one of the examples from the book. But it doesnt seem to be working and I do not...
[3 replies] Last: and most compilers will tolerate it if you tell it to use less strict ... (by jonnin)
by ar2007
excessive RAM consumption

Hi forum, I have created a program for the arrangement of n elements, on k positions. Each permutation obtained is passed to a vector of positions which uses it...
[13 replies] Last: If changing your Add function to something else fixed the issue, I'd a... (by Ganado)
New to working with bits. Not exactly going my way. Help!

I'm working on this problem here. Its just for my own enjoyment/benefit. I'm not even sure if you'll be able to view the problem without being signed in. http...
[18 replies] Last: you cannot rely on it, but *some* intel chips have an assembly command... (by jonnin)
by mikeyb
Random Number, Odd, Even

Hello, I am working on a random number generator which then tells you whether the number generated is even or odd. This issue I am having is with the even or od...
[8 replies] Last: second one I showed above is a little advanced. making less code is ... (by jonnin)
General Question about format

I've been told a lot of different "proper" ways to format one's code. I was curious to you who are professional coders, what you thought about something like th...
[8 replies] Last: The important thing here should not be to tell you where to put openi... (by dhayden)
Some Noob Help

I am still very new to learning C++. I am trying to write a small program to help me at work. The program is to copy some files to a computer. I have one don...
[14 replies] Last: Hey everyone thanks for the help!! So I figured it out using the inst... (by Vendetto)
Main can't be altered, functions aren't correct

I have this General List program from my instructor. I can't alter the main code. I have all the functions and overloads written, but when I compile the code in...
[19 replies] Last: I did copy paste your alteration dhayden, that's when I first encount... (by dhayden)
circular dependency and classes

I had to do a exercise with classes and this one had me do a circular dependency thing. anyway they pretty much had it step by step to be set like this: #...
[2 replies] Last: My guess would be the same reason you can't do something like this ... (by markyrocks)
Please help! How do I code this?

If anyone can help out please, new to c++ and need help. PART II: Read a file, input the data to a two-dimensional matrix ---------------------------------...
[7 replies] Last: Hello sayat52, To your hints I would make this change: • It is no... (by Handy Andy)
2d arrays

hey pals, I am trying to write a code which will find : 1. sum, - for each vector of the matrix. 2. maximum and minimum values - for each vector of the m...
[4 replies] Last: thank you guys for all the help, appreciate it (by MaxGreen)
counts how many times the do while loop occurs

is there any way to count how many times the do while loop occurred for example: a = 4 b = 7 i know i should return as 2 but im not quite sure on how to impl...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks you all it really helped alot :) (by paper01)
by medosz
class

I am tring to understand understand what the following program does. I am assuming the following: 1.From line 26 "John Done" argument is passed to the acco...
[4 replies] Last: Passing by value causes a copy to be undertaken which is not neccessa... (by mbozzi)
Regarding language selection!

Greetings of the day! I am Yash Savani from Ahmedabad. My query is, Which language is best for competitive programming? And also which language should I learn a...
[1 reply] : You're asking this question on a C++ forum. I hope you're ready to rec... (by Albatross)
by rin103
About hailstone sequence

Write your question here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void hailstone( int = 1 ); int main() { int A,n; cout <<"Number:" ; cin ...
[6 replies] Last: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collatz_conjecture You might/will need t... (by againtry)
Print items

made a program that displays the sum, the minimum value entered, the maximum value entered. But Don't know how to print out the number of items entered. #includ...
[1 reply] : Not sure I understood correctly; nevertheless, here it goes to give yo... (by chicofeo)
Very new only couple days

Hello, I am brand new to programming. Most of the stuff I have figured out is through trial and error or research on internet, unfortunately I don't even now...
[6 replies] Last: briancb2004 Mixing stream extraction (>>) and getline is fraught with... (by lastchance)
DEPOSIT AND WITHDRAW PROBLEM

Hello Guys i am trying to create a simple banking program which has 2 options 1st Deposit 2nd Withdraw but i am stuck with these 2 options i tried many ...
[11 replies] Last: Can you write this in my code and send me the full code Programming... (by dhayden)
September 2020 Pages: 1... 678910
  Archived months: [aug2020] [oct2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.