Stuck with the std:copy() function

hi all,
could you describe how can i copy the elements with std::copy() function here is the code, i am stuck with it, thanks in advance.

static int count = 0;
struct freestash {
};
static freestash* head = reinterpret_cast<freestash*> (new unsigned char[sizeof(int)*10]);
class a {
  public:
  int dat;
  a(int dat_): dat(dat_) { }
  ~a() { }
  void* operator new(size_t) {
  return &head[(count++)*sizeof(a)];
		}
};

for(int i=0; i < 10; i++)  new a(i);

freestash* head_1 = reinterpret_cast<freestash*> (new unsigned char[sizeof(int)*20]);
  copy(&head[0], head + 10*sizeof(int), &head_1[0]); // here is the problem

for (unsigned int i=0; i < 10; i++) cout << "Data of b = " << reinterpret_cast<a*> (&head[i*sizeof(a)])->dat << endl;
reinterpret_cast?
yup, any suggestions?
It certainly looks like you are trying to do something the wrong way.
What exactly are you trying to create? A free store manager?
exactly. just for experimenting. i've created some different ways. This approach fails while copying the bits to the new one. i want to know why copy procedure fails with it.

thank you.
it's so ridiculous, but i hâve to find it. the the copy function in line 18 must be

copy(reinterpret_cast<unsigned char*> (head), reinterpret_cast<unsigned char*> (head+(10*sizeof(int)), reinterpret_cast<unsigned char*> (head_1));

then its Works. i think the copy function must take the adresses byte by byte for non primitive types. May be i am completely wrong :) anyway i found the solution even it looks worse than 30 days old banana in the kitchen...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.