Coding error

Hi guys,
I am just a newbie with C++ though I have minute experience with Java and Python. I was trying something with C++ but came across an error in very early stages of the lesson. I was wondering if someone here can guide me with it. The problem is that I was doing a code in CodeBlocks and it just doesn't wanna work while the same coding works perfectly in Dev C++. I am just not a big fan of Dev C++ due to it being discontinued now while in Beta stages. In C:B, it gives me a terminal with 'Hello World' message while in Dev C++ it correctly gives the factorial of the number entered. The program I am trying to run is
#include <iostream.h>
#include <conio.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
    int num, factorial = 1;
    cout<<"Enter the number: ";
    cin>>num;

for (int i = 1; i<=num; i++)
{
    factorial = factorial*i;
}
cout<<"The factorial of the number is";
cout<<factorial;
getch();
return 0;
}

Can anyone please enlighten me as to why does C:B refuse to grow up from the 'Hello World' program?

Thanks!

Edit: Strangely, it started working on its own. All I did was re-add the .cpp file to the project. Guess, it didn't get added properly, first time around. Right now I am going through the the C++ tutorial made available here at cplusplus.com
Last edited on
Did you compile the code again where C::B knows where it is?
@ciphermagi
thanks for the quick response but I managed to get it working. I have updated the OP. Thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.