Anyone familiar with Zip Utils? (question about passwords)

I know this is a longshot posting here as I doubt many people use it but it's worth a shot I guess.

When I open a zip archive that's password protected, enter the correct password, all goes well. Then if I close that archive and open it again later(without closing my program), for some reason I can enter no password or any password and the archive will still open. If I open multiple password-protected archives it's the same, I only have to enter the correct password the first time it is opened, even if the archive is closed and reopened.

I thought maybe the memory location where the password is stored was still being read, but I made sure to zero it as soon as the password was used, so it must be something in the code of zip utils.

If anyone knows what is causing this and what I can do to fix it that would be swell.

Thanks
It sounds like your utility is saving the password you enter, or it's de-encrypting it on the spot. If you enter the password and then try to open the file again under a different profile what happens?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.