help! advice

Ok so I never learnt programming in high school but I'm an electrical engineering major and there are quite a few programming classes that are required. I'm on the last required course(C++) but I always feel way behind and there are these kids who can do this stuff in their sleep and it's getting really frustrating. I appreciate coding a lot but I feel like the professors start off with highly complicated language and by the time i figure one thing out we're onto the next. I feel stupid most of time but I'm not (graduated top of my class in high school).Anyway, the point is I wanna become good at this stuff, not even good, amazing, but I don't know where to start or what to do. Can I become good at it?! Any tips or advice? It would be greatly appreciated. Save the snide comments please
Bucky Roberts has a fantastic series that covers C++ for the absolute newb to software engineering. He's not the greatest C++ teacher who's ever lived, but he'll be able to teach you everything you need to know to be up to speed with C++ for your class. The bulk of the videos are on syntax, but there are several that teach you different methods for doing certain things. You'll just have to take a look at the list.

You'll find the complete list of basic C++ videos linked at the bottom on his website, thenewboston.com. Whenever you get finished with that and if you're interested in working with GUI's, he has another great series on engineering with C++/Qt that you would benefit from, too.

I hope this helps you some!

http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=16
Ok great. Thanks a lot! I will definitely check that out. Hopefully i'm on my way to being an expert programmer lol
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.