help! advice

Ok so I never learnt programming in high school but I'm an electrical engineering major and there are quite a few programming classes that are required. I'm on the last required course(C++) but I always feel way behind and there are these kids who can do this stuff in their sleep and it's getting really frustrating. I appreciate coding a lot but I feel like the professors start off with highly complicated language and by the time i figure one thing out we're onto the next. I feel stupid most of time but I'm not (graduated top of my class in high school).Anyway, the point is I wanna become good at this stuff, not even good, amazing, but I don't know where to start or what to do. Can I become good at it?! Any tips or advice? It would be greatly appreciated. Save the snide comments please
Bucky Roberts has a fantastic series that covers C++ for the absolute newb to software engineering. He's not the greatest C++ teacher who's ever lived, but he'll be able to teach you everything you need to know to be up to speed with C++ for your class. The bulk of the videos are on syntax, but there are several that teach you different methods for doing certain things. You'll just have to take a look at the list.

You'll find the complete list of basic C++ videos linked at the bottom on his website, Whenever you get finished with that and if you're interested in working with GUI's, he has another great series on engineering with C++/Qt that you would benefit from, too.

I hope this helps you some!
Ok great. Thanks a lot! I will definitely check that out. Hopefully i'm on my way to being an expert programmer lol
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.