Can You Help Me Please

I am still in college learning c++, java, php, sql and html. im from the caribbean home of little or no security professionals.
so i've been recently given a project in school based on what we want our careers to be.. i wanna go into security obviously, so i was given permission to make a lil program that can search for ips and shut down a few computers in the school. i've been searching online for some content to begin but to me its futile. so i decided to ask the professionals. I wanna write it in c++.
can you plz giv me some of the steps i need to take in gathering info, and what kind of info, should i create and exploit or is there an easier way. the computers in the school all run on windows xp. those available to students use an account with no administrator privileges. i already kno 2 ways to get around that but the difficulty is putting it in code.
can you please just guide me into it, bout what my code should include and stuff like that or is there a program out that has similar functions that has its source code available, so i could make adjustments.. it'll be greatly appreciated...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.