Visual C++ 2008 CLR Project

Can someone direct me to an instructional on how to use the CLR in Visual C++? I am working on a program, and think that it will look great as using the Windows components, such as forms, list boxes, etc, but I am unfamiliar about how to use them. Is there an instructional that can show me how to put a program together using these? I want to see about converting the program that I am writing into a form and windows application.

Can someone direct me to an instructional, or to some example programs on how to use the forms and labels and such in Visual C++ 2008?

Thanks in advance. Once again, this is NOT a school assignment, its a program that I am writing for myself.

FYI - I am trying to do this without using pointers, because I am not too familiar with those as of yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If the CLR isn't a good choice, can someone tell me the best source to use so that I can take advantages of forms and text boxes to give my programs a better look? Is there something else within Visual Studio 2008 that may work better?
Last edited on
I would recommend using C# instead, C++ with CLR is basically Microsoft's own twist on C++ that doesn't follow the standard. If you want to use .Net then C# would be your best bet. Otherwise GUI using C++ is a bit tedious. You will need to use a third party library such as Qt, wxWidgets, etc... There are numerous thread on this site that recommend GUI libs to use.
Out of curiosity what does CLR mean?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.