Irrlicht custom animated scene node?

Hi,

Firstly I would have posted this in the Irrlicht forums but I think their registration system is broken.

I am creating a 3d game with the irrlicht engine and I am having trouble creating a custom IAnimatedMeshSceneNode. I extend the IAnimatedMeshSceneNode but it basically wants me to rewrite everything because all of the virtual functions are pure... Does anyone know how to make a custom IAnimatedMeshSceneNode. The reason I need this is because when you use the ray in irrlicht it returns a pointer to an ISceneNode so if I had something like this

class Player
{
  public IAnimatedMeshSceneNode* node;
  struct equipment
  {
  } equipment;
};

the ray in the irrlicht engine would only return the pointer to the node so I can't access any of the players equipment... this is not idle at all so I need to create a custom scene node does anyone know of any functions that can draw the mesh rather than having to draw all the triangles yourself... again I need to extend the scene node I don't know another way around this but if anyone else does then feel free to share. Please don't say modify the engine their are better ways around this.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.